Website Pharma-Safe Industrial Services
Bio Sample Collectors are responsible for:
- Site preparation and monitoring of locations where biological samples are being obtained, managed, processed, documented, or packaged and transported to laboratory location
- Health, hygiene, and procedural integrity of the location(s) for which they have been assigned.
- Overseeing, conducting, & training Assistant Collector personnel in the field while conducting related services.
- Reports to COM daily.
- Ensuring the workspace is returned to normal/secured appropriately at the completion of episodic collection services.
- Knowledge of basic information regarding the use, value, handling of biological samples
- Knowledge of basic computer operations
- Possess verbal and written English skills suitable to function in an operational setting
- Possess basic mathematical capacity and comprehension
- Possess leadership and soft skills such as interpersonal communication, patient, active listening, and ability to manage conflict
- Detail oriented, to include ability to systematically address factors according to a prescribed methodology
- Team oriented, to include ability to understand dynamics of and how to keep motivation and moral high
- Growth (personal and professional) oriented, to include ability to quickly learn new processes, understand and apply process for feedback (positive/negative)
- Process oriented, to include ability to work in and train personnel on procedural integrity/discipline and time management
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and patient confidentiality
- Ability to handle biological samples (urine, saliva, mucous, and blood)
- Ability to arrive at designed work location(s) as scheduled
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to bend over at the waist multiple time per shift
- Ability to squat and lift then walk with 25 pounds in one or both arms.
- Ability to wear designated face mask for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pass background check, physical, and DOT/NDOT drug screen
Education and Experience:
- High-school diploma
- State certified and active Paramedic or similar in the state in which services are being provided (national certification recommended).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card from any of the state accepted agencies licensed to provide this level of training.
- One (1) year of experience at the Paramedic level or at the level of health care provider otherwise accepted by management for this position.
- Otherwise candidates capable of meeting the above and based on the availability of positions, once hired, shall be trained:
- To use the appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) within the boundaries and expectations of PSIS policy
- To conduct and process biological samples using PSIS provided devices within the federal guidelines under which their use are approved
- To manage testing sites and the associated processes within the boundaries and expectations of PSIS policy
- To understand and comply with the boundaries and expectations set forth in the PSIS Blood Born Pathogens (BBP) program
- To understand and comply with any guidelines established by the specific client(s) this position is designated to support
- To successfully operate as an employee within the PSIS system
Submit resume: [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org